Important Information UGC NET 2018
- On-line submission of Application Form (Up to 11.50 pm) 01.09.2018 to 30.09.2018
- The date for the successful final transaction of fee (Up to 11.50 pm) 01.09.2018 to 01.10.2018
- Through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking up to 11.50 pm Through e-challan up to bank hours up to 1.10.2018
- Fee Payable by candidates General ` 800/-
Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)* ` 400/-
SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender ` 200/-
GST/Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
- Correction in particulars of Application Form on the website only 08.10.2018 to 14.10.2018
- Printing of Admit Cards from NTA’s website From 19.11.2018
- Dates of Examination
(Exact date and shift of examination shall be made available by 21st October 2018 on NTA’s website)
Between 09.12.2018 (Sunday) to 23.12.2018 (Sunday)
- The timing of Examination First Shift: 9.30 am to 01.00 pm
Second Shift: 2.00 pm to 05.30 pm
Centre, Date, Shift and UGC-NET (Subject) Examination As indicated on Admit Card
Display of recorded responses and Answer Keys for inviting challenges on NTA’s
website: nta.ac.in, ntanet.nic.in
- The date shall be displayed on the NTA’s website
- Declaration of Result on NTA’s website By 10th January 2019.
On behalf of UGC, the National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian Universities and Colleges.
Till recently, the CBSE conducted the NET in 84 subjects at 91 selected Cities of spread across the country.
From Dec 2018 onwards, the UGC- NET (for Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both), will be conducted by the NTA.
The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only depends on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of NET in aggregate. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor are not to be considered for award of JRF. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor are governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.